Institutional Policy on Divyangjan
To create a healthy environment that provides quality education to enhance the academic performance of the disabled students and to ensure that necessary help and guidance are evenly provided.
Policies and Measures:
- Students with learning disabilities are allowed to take oral assessments in compulsory Basic Tamil.
- Scribe facility is provided and remuneration for the scribes is increased from Rs.350 to Rs.500.
- Exemption certificates are processed by the Examination office.
- List of inclusive students is sent to the respective departments. Appropriate terminology is employed in any communication/circular relating to inclusive students.
- Alternative document is issued by the COE office until the Exemption certificate is processed by Periyar University.
- Screen reading software is installed in the college library,
- Helpline number is provided exclusively for the disabled to reach out for any kind of assistance inside the campus.
- Ramps and tactile paths are enabled in the campus.
- Wheelchair facility is available in the campus for disabled students.
- Disabled-friendly washroom is available in the campus.
- Parking facilities are exclusively provided for the benefit of the disabled.